The Friends of Childhood Center is a center for training, development and activities for all ages. It regroups 3 different programs: The City of the indigenous girls, the children’s house and a training center that offers several workshops.
Volunteers will support the following activities:
- Administrative area. The team is very small so it requires support activities such as:
- Communication and dissemination of activities
- Management of social networks, posters and presentations
- Education. The activities are inserted into the children’s home program. The project offers activities for children of all ages from 9 am to 2 pm and from 3pm to 6pm. The activities are several and depend on the profile of the volunteer: schooling, recreational activities, computing, writing, dance, manual activities such as painting, guitar, music, etc. This is a space so you can share your taste and skills. In addition, you will be a great support within the scheduled workshops.
- Youth. The activities are inserted into the Indigenous girls ‘ city programme. The objective is to train in personal and professional development women and men in a situation of vulnerability that are between 16 and 30 years. It offers hotel workshops, food and beverages to give them back the citizenship that their social, family and work environment has been snatched.
Its mission is to create optimal conditions for adolescent girls and young indigenous people through the development of their work skills to empower and achieve their full potential.
A network of hotels and restaurants is also being built to find donations and materials for the workshops. The volunteer is free to also offer his own workshops (sport, competitions, help to make a letter of motivation, a CV, languages, self-esteem etc.).
It is estimated that in the first 8 months of operation the training and Development Center has been able to benefit 67 women through training and personal development, implying 268 indirectly benefited.
Experience in teaching, managing a second language in addition to Spanish, willingness to share, enthusiastic, adaptable.